Search This Blog

Monday, September 5, 2011

Tortellini with bruschetta

Last week I had tons of zucchini and this week I am enjoying a huge bag full of organic tomatoes from my daughter's garden. We have been trying to do a "Meatless Monday" ..so this is what I came up with for a vegetarian dish using fresh tomatoes.

1 pkg. spinach tortellini
3 large tomatoes
6-8 basil leaves
2 T. chopped onion
2 T. olive oil
1 T. lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, chopped
Chop tomatoes and slice basil leaves. Put tomatoes, basil, garlic, onion, olive oil and lemon juice in a food processor for 30 seconds. Cook tortellini and drain. Combine with fresh bruschetta. I also saved some of the bruschetta to serve on the side with toasted french bread. Make a salad..and you have a quick healthy dinner:)

No comments:

Post a Comment