Search This Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gnocchi and Pesto Soup

This is a great recipe that I came across on the website: Tastykitchen.com
My husband thought it was so good he insisted I include it on my blog. I served it with the garlic parmesan knots and it was a marriage made in heaven:)



3 chicken breasts
1/2 onion, quartered
8 cloves of garlic-in skins
3 T. olive oil
2 cartons chicken stock, 32 ounces each
1 container pesto (jar or tub--around 7-8 ounces)
1 package gnocchi

Preheat oven to 350. Place chicken, onion and garlic in a roasting pan and sprinkle with olive oil. Bake 45 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool chicken, and then shred.
Remove garlic from skins. Put garlic, onion, and 3 T. of the pesto and one carton of chicken broth in a blender and blend well. Mix with remaining carton of broth in a large saucepan. Add in remaining pesto and chicken. Bring to a boil. Add the gnocchi and boil gently for 2-3 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment