Search This Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Gingerbread Men

OK I really was not going to post this recipe..then my sister-in-law came over while I was finishing them and munched a few...and took a few more home to munch..and then texted me "You have got to post that recipe I am addicted!" So this one is for you Gayle:) By the way--I halved this recipe and it still made plenty!

5-51/2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
2 t. ginger
2 t. cinnamon
1 t. nutmeg
1 t. cloves
1 c. butter
2 c. sugar
1 1/4 c. molasses
2 eggs

Mix butter, sugar and molasses. Add eggs and then all dry ingredients. Mix well. Add enough additional flour to be able to handle...turn onto floured surface. Knead in some more flour until dough loses its stickiness. Roll out, and cut into shapes.
Bake 4-12 minutes depending on the size of the cooky--just watch it and remove when it is brown. Cool on cookie sheet a few minutes before transfering to cooling rack.
Decorate:)

No comments:

Post a Comment