Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Gingerbread Dog Cookies

Yes, I am one of those people who love my dogs like they are people:  to me they are!  That means at Christmas they have stockings filled with new dog toys.  It also means I may bake up some of these dog treats for them and their friends!  This year we will be taking some of these to my daughter's dogs: Chloe and Maggie.
 Here is a pic of my two best boys:
Aren't they just the cutest? 
Now if you are just crazy about your dogs and want to spoil them this holiday season...here is a dog cookie recipe for you:

1 1/2 c. oat flour (I just took Quaker ground oats and ground them up for the amount needed)
1 1/2 c. brown rice flour (found with gluten free products in the grocery store)
1 t. ginger
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. cloves
1/4 c. molasses
1/4 c. peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 c. water
Combine all ingredients well.  Roll out on a floured board until 1/4" thick.  Cut with cookie cutters.
Bake at 350 for 22 minutes.


**This recipe came from a little book I picked up at Costco, "Snoopy's Organic Dog Biscuit Cookbook."

No comments:

Post a Comment