Search This Blog

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Crunchy Granola Cookies

I make my own homemade granola.  I give it away at Christmas for gifts.  I sprinkle it on my yogurt.  In the past two weeks, I have spotted two yummy sounding recipes calling for granola.  But a specific granola:  Nature's Path Organic Pumpkin Flax Granola .  So when I spotted a box in my local Safeway today, I picked up a box and decided to try the recipes.  I am sure I could substitute my own granola..but I wanted to stay true to the recipes the first time through.
That said, these cookies are DELICIOUS!  The only thing I didn't like was it only made 30 cookies..and my husband could munch through that many lickety split.  Next time I will definitely double the recipe.



1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1 c. flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. cinnamon
1 1/3 c. Nature's Path Organic Pumpkin Flax Granola
1/3 c. raisins (optional)

Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add in the egg and vanilla.  Mix well.  Put in the flour, baking soda, granola, and cinnamon.  Mix just until ingredients come together.  Stir in raisins.

Drop by Tablespoons onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 for 7- 9 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment