Search This Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Paula Dean's Best Blueberry Muffin You Will Ever Eat



Recently my daughter lent me a copy of Paula Dean's autobiography.  I must say it really was interesting reading...there is so much more to Paula than her on screen personality.  She included recipes in the book, and this is the first I have tried.  I am always looking for that perfect recipe for standard recipes (apple pie, muffins, chocolate chip cookies, etc.)  I was really happy with the result of these...light and tasty.  I think you could also just put the batter into a buttered (yes butter) 8 x 8 baking dish and have a fabulous blueberry coffeecake.  I will try that another day and let you know how it comes out!  For now, mix up some muffins and a nice cup of tea and enjoy!

2 c. flour
2 T. baking powder
1/2 c. sugar
1 stick butter, melted
1 egg
3/4 c. milk
1 1/2 c. blueberries
brown sugar to spoon on top ( about 1/2 c.)

Mix flour, baking powder, and sugar in a bowl.  In another bowl mix butter, egg and milk.  Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.  Stir in blueberries. 
Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups.  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.  Take out of the oven.  Sprinkle tops of muffins with brown sugar.  Return to oven and bake an additional 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment