Search This Blog

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Banana Crunch Muffins

This is an Ina Garten (The Barefoot Contessa) recipe that I tweaked just a little bit.  Seems I rarely can follow a recipe exactly, I always need to change something.  Most of the time it works just fine, and in this case the muffins were great!  A little bit sweet with a nice crunch topping them off.   This recipe made 2 dozen muffins.  Since my sweetheart and I don't need to eat 24 muffins...they will go to work with him tomorrow to sweeten up life at the Bus Garage.


3 c. flour
2 c. sugar
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
Combine all these ingredients in a mixer bowl, and mix together with a spatula.  Then melt
1 c. unsalted butter
Add butter to the flour mixture and begin to mix.  Add in:
3/4 c. buttermilk
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
4 mashed bananas
1 c. coconut
1c. granola (any flavor)

Mix just until well incorporated.  Put papers in muffin cups and fill to almost the top.  Then
on the top of each muffin sprinkle on
1 t. each of brown sugar
1 T. granola (I crushed mine up first for this)

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment