Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Chicken Spaghetti

I have seen this recipe made on the Pioneer Woman.  I have seen posts raving about it on Pinterest,  Yet I was still skeptical.  Tonight I decided to give it a try, but due to a lack of several ingredients I changed the recipe to the following ingredients,  I have to admit it was delicious.  My husband raved.  He wants to have it for lunch and dinner tomorrow.  Yes, there were plenty of leftovers.  I think this is a great recipe for a family dinner.  The ingredients are kid friendly, the result is creamy and cheesy.
Everyone should try it and like it.
1 T. butter and 1 T. olive oil
2 chicken breasts, cut in cubes
1/4 onion, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
2 1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 c. sour cream
1/2# spaghetti
1 c. chicken broth
Melt the butter in a large skillet. then add in the olive oil.  Put chicken, onion and red pepper into the skillet and saute until the chicken is no longer pink.
In a saucepan bring water to boil to cook the spaghetti.  Cook until just al dente as it will cook some more in the oven.  Drain.
Mix the sour cream, cream of mushroom soup,chicken broth and all the ingredients in  the skillet together.  Add in 2 c. of the cheese and mix well.
Spray a 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray.  Pour casserole mixture into the pan.  Sprinkle remaining 1/2 c. of cheese on top.  Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment