Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Roast Lemon Chicken with Rosemary



Sometimes I want to go to work in the morning and just have a dinner done when I get home.  This week is parent-teacher conference week at school.  That means a lot of late nights coming home.  So this morning before I left, I put a whole chicken in a roaster pan, covered it and roasted it at 250 degrees all day long.  When I walked in the door this evening it was to the delicious smell of roast chicken ready in the oven.  Ah..bliss.  I just made up some rice, asparagus and a small salad and just like that I had a fabulous dinner.  I love it when a plan comes together.   Here is what I did to the chicken before popping it into the oven:

Mix:

4 T. butter
2 T. rosemary
zest of one lemon

Spread this mixture all over the top of the chicken and under the skin.  Then cut the lemon in 1/2, and squeeze a little of the lemon juice from the lemon over the top.  Put the lemon and a spring of rosemary into the cavity of the chicken.  Pop in the oven to back. 

As my class says, "Easy peasy lemon squeezy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment