Search This Blog

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Deconstructed Lasagna

Tonight my grand daughter and I were working hard making lasagna for the whole family.  My daughter was watching and commenting on how she just doesn't ever make lasagna because she thinks it is just too much work.  It is a bit of prep, I admit.  So I was telling her about this recipe I have for lasagna that has all the flavor without so much work.  She thought it sounded promising so I thought I would share the recipe with all of you.  At least those of you who like lasagna but not all the prep.

1 c. ricotta cheese
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
3 T. parsley
Mix all these ingredients together.

If you really want to cut down on the work, buy a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce.  OR
Brown
1/2 # ground beef
1/2# Italian sausage
Add in your bottled store bought sauce OR make your own sauce by adding in
2 cans tomato puree
1 can tomato paste
Mix well.  Add in
2 t. oregano
2 t. basil

Next cook up pasta noodles --like rotini or mostaccoli or macaroni etc.  You will need 1 c./person
 To serve put a large helping of sauce in a soup bowl, top with 1 c. cooked noodles .
Next scoop 1/4 c. ricotta mixture on top.  Top with more sauce and sprinkle with
2 T. mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese or both

No comments:

Post a Comment