Search This Blog

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Flatbread Pizza

Today my husband and I sauntered through a local arts and crafts fair for the afternoon.  Afterwards we stopped for lunch at a wonderful little local restaurant called Chao in Coupeville, WA.  I decided to try their salad flatbread pizza.  It was wonderful.  So good that I had to come home and think about how to make this in my own house.  I was definitely going to want to eat this again.  Here is a picture of my salad pizza from the restaurant:





1 flat bread(You can purchase these in the grocery store)
 1/4 c. parmesan cheese
3/4 c. mixed greens

oven roasted vegetables:  eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini
Cut these in slices, toss with about 3 T. olive oil and bake at 375 for about 40 minutes. 

2 T.  goat cheese
 2 T. hazelnuts

lemon vinaigrette:
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (to taste)
1/8 teaspoon salt
Warm the flat bread in the oven on a baking sheet at 350 for 5-10 minutes.  You want it warmed up but not all crunchy.
Top the flat bread with 1 T. lemon vinaigrette.  Top this with the  parmesan cheese, then the goat cheese, next the mixed greens, and finally the roasted vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment