- This is the time of year when colds and flu abound. Working in an elementary school, it's pretty impossible to avoid germs. This week I came down with a bad cold. I can't complain, as I have been pretty healthy this winter. But tonight called for a nice bowl of soup..and nothing is better than chicken soup when you aren't feeling great. This one has the added bonus of lemon which gives you a nice dose of Vitamin C.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 carrots cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken breasts, skin removed, diced
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Put oil in a large soup pot. Heat on medium heat. Add celery, onion, carrots, thymne, slat and pepper. Saute for 10 minutes. Add chicken and continue to saute until chicken is no longer pink. Add broth and bring to boil. Add pasta. Simmer for 10 minutes. Zest lemon and add to broth. Stir in lemon juice and parsley.
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Lemony Chicken Noodle Soup
Posted by Susie