Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Sausage Potato Cheddar Soup

 My brother in law has been making this soup and telling me how great it is.  I finally got him to send me the recipe, and tonight I gave it a try.  A big rainy and windy storm is blowing in.  A perfect night for a bowl of soup.  This soup comes together very quickly.  It is an easy recipe to put together after work.

1/2# smoked kielbasa, diced
4 potatoes, peeled and diced
1 c. diced carrots
1 c. sliced celery
2 c. chicken broth
1 1/2 c. milk
1 t. parsley
1/2 t. onion salt
1/2 t. garlic salt
2/3 c. grated Cheddar cheese

Saute kielbasa, potatoes, carrots and celery in 1 T. olive oil in a large soup pot.  Cook 5 minutes.
Add in broth, onion and garlic salt.  Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.  Stir in milk. cheese and parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment