This is football food...great for those game days. Place your chips vertically instead of laying them flat, and more chips will end up with the yummy topping.
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Meat from 1 rotisserie or poached chicken, skin and bones removed, meat pulled in bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons puréed or finely chopped chipotle in adobo(optional)
- 1 bag yellow corn tortilla chips
- 4 ounces yellow sharp cheddar, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 8 ounces pepper jack or blue pepper jack cheese, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes. Mix in chicken, spices, and broth. Cook another 5 minutes. Place chips in a 13 x 9 casserole dish. Spoon chicken mixture on top. Top with cheeses. Spoon salsa over top and bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes. Serve with sour cream and jalapenos if desired.