Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Hippie Cookies

My children call me a hippie all the time...probably because I grew up in the 70's.  I also like wholesome natural foods, growing food in the garden, keeping chickens for organic eggs, etc.
When they were growing up I was the only mom who regularly made homemade cookies.  I got the nickname "Cookie MOM."  So the title of these cookies appealed to me right away.  You can find many variations of this recipe on the internet, but after careful research I picked-and updated this one.

  • 2 cups flour
  • ½ cup ground flax seed(I used a flax/hemp/chia seed combo from Costco)
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • ½ tsp nutmeg
  • ½ cup (1 stick) organic butter – room temperature
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • 2 T. pure maple syrup 
  • 2 organic eggs
  • ½ cup honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • ½ cup gr raisins
  • ½ cup dried cranberries
  • 1 cup chopped almonds
  • 1 ½ cups coconut (unsweetened)
  • 3 cups old fashioned organic oats
  • 1⁄4 cup applesauce
  • ½ cup chocolate chips
  •  
  • Beat together the butter, sugar, honey, maple syrup and applesauce.  Beat in vanilla and then the eggs.  Beat in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.  Now beat in the coconut.
  •  Next add the oatmeal and beat til mixed well.  Stir in the raisins, cranberries, chocolate chips and nuts.
  •  
  • Place by Tablespoons on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment