This is a lovely fall dish served just with a salad, or as a side dish. I happened to have some apple chicken sausage and they went very well with this dish. The original recipe called for butternut squash, but you can use acorn too. I used a type of squash that is like an acorn but a little sweeter. Sorry but I don't remember it's name. My local farmer suggested it to me.
- 1 large butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled, seeded and cut in 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pecans