Search This Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Steak Salad with Gorgonzola

I am continuing my review of the great recipes in Ingrid Hoffman's "Simply Delicioso".  Tonight's entree was Churassco Steak Salad.  I served it with some roasted asparagus sprinkled with just a touch of sea salt.  Yummy!  Another great dinner to cook on the BBQ and then eat out on the deck with my sweetheart and a good glass of wine.  Perfection.  Please excuse my picture..I apologize that it is a little blurry.
Serves 4
Dressing:
1/2 c. red wine vinegar
3 T. lemon juice
2 t. honey
1 T. oregano
1 c. olive oil

Salad
1# flank steak or skirt steak cut into strips
6 c. mixed greens
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 slices red onion, chopped
4 oz. Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
1 t. salt and pepper or seasoned salt
Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper or seasoned salt.  Cook steak on BBQ until just pink.  Arrange greens, and other ingredients on 4 plates.  Put steak on top.
Shake dressing ingredients together and serve over salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment