Search This Blog

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pumpkin Granola

Hooray it's October and to me that means all things pumpkin.  So prepare yourself for a lot of great pumpkin recipes this month.  Today I made up two great recipes...pumpkin granola and pumpkin granola bars.  I thought I had to make the granola to make the bars, but it turns out I didn't...oh well now I have this great granola to sprinkle on my yogurt.

Ingredients:
5 cups rolled oats
1 t. pumpkin pie spice
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
3/4 t. salt
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. pumpkin puree
1/4 c. maple syrup
1 t. vanilla extract
3/4 c. dried cranberries
1/2 c. pepitas

Mix rolled oats, spices and salt in a large bowl.  In another bowl mix the brown sugar, pumpkin, maple syrup, and vanilla.  Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients.  Spread on a parchment or silicone covered cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  Stir and bake an additional 15 minutes.  Mix in cranberries and pepitas.

No comments:

Post a Comment