Search This Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Apple-Cranberry Spinach Toss Salad



This is one of those recipes that could be good in so many ways.  The original recipe called for mixed salad greens.  I happened to have a lot of fresh spinach, so I substituted that.  I think this recipe is great as a side...but would be equally spectacular with some cooked chicken in it as a dinner salad.  Leftovers would be fabulous as a wrap with a slice of turkey.
Either way, healthy and oh so good to eat.  I served it with the Cranberry Stuffed Pork Chop recipe I
have shared on this blog, and the two together made a perfect duo.

1 pkg. mixed salad greens
1 apple, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1/2 c. Craisins or dried cranberries
2/3 c. chopped walnuts or almonds

Dressing:  I used a cranberry-raspberry vinagrette that I had in the fridge.  The original recipe calls for store bought lite raspberry vinagrette.

No comments:

Post a Comment