Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Fun-Du: Smoked Gouda Fondue with Almonds




Recently I bought a fondue pot on sale at Macy's.  This purchase was inspired by a trip to the Melting Pot restaurant.  I can remember having a fondue pot in the 70's when they were all the rage..but I don't ever remember doing much with it.  Apparently they are back again.  So tonight it is a fondue dinner.  This is a Rachel Raye recipe..she also added bacon to the pot but I left that out.  If you don't have a fondue pot you could heat the sauce up on your stove and serve in a warm serving bowl.

For my dippers I used:
broccoli and cauliflower steamed just until barely cooked
mushrooms
boiled small potatoes
toasted french bread
chicken artichoke sausages, sliced and cooked (she suggests brats or other sausage)

For the cheese sauce: 
3/4 c. white wine
2 t. lemon juice
bring this to a simmer
Mix:

6 oz. Gouda cheese, shredded
and 8 oz. Gruyere cheese shredded
1 heaping T. flour

Add cheese mixture slowly in batches stirring in a figure 8 until melted.
If desired finely chop 2 T. almonds and put on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment