Search This Blog

Friday, January 4, 2013

Oh Quick and Easy Quiche

Now that I have chickens I always seem to have an abundance of wonderful organic eggs in my refrigerator.  Here are some of them..aren't they pretty?


Tonight was one of those nights that I just needed to make something with eggs to make use of them.  I also was craving something more light and simple for dinner.  A simple quiche and salad makes a quick, easy and healthy dinner any evening.
This is a basic quiche that is easy and quick to whip up using Bisquick.  I have been making this recipe for years using whatever fillings are available in the refrigerator.  Tonight I used Parmesan cheese, broccoli and a little sun dried tomato.

BISQUICK QUICHE 
1-2 c. fillings of your choice (example broccoli, mushrooms, etc.)
1 c. shredded cheese
1/4 c. chopped onion
2 c. milk
1 c. Bisquick
4 eggs
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.2. Grease 10" pie plate or 8" square.
3. Sprinkle fillings, onions and cheese in plate.


4. Beat remaining ingredients until smooth and pour into plate.

5. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean.
6. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment