Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

OK Sugar Cookies

Sometimes the best things are surprises.  This weekend while I was working out in my garden my dogs starting barking and when I turned to see what was going on....well,,,there stood my daughter and grand daughter and son in law.  They had spring break this week and drove 6 hours up to my house to surprise me with a visit.  Life is good.  I love having my family close to me.  I can never get enough time with my grand daughter.  She is the sweetest thing ever,  So today, in celebration of my wonderful surprise I am sharing a sugar cooky recipe that is a family recipe.  These cookies are unlike any other sugar cooky I have ever have.  They are thick and cakey.  Frosted they are quite wonderful.  Make them in the shapes of eggs, bunnies and chicks for easter.  Give them to the ones you love.  They will smile!

3 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 c. butter
Cream these well together on medium speed with your mixer.  Then
(This is the weird part)
Mix 1 c. milk (cold) with 1 t. baking soda
In another bowl mix 3 c. flour and 3 t. baking powder
 Alternately, mix flour and milk mixtures into the creamed egg/sugar mix.  Add
1 t. vanilla
1 T. lemon juice
1/2 t. almond
1 T. lemon zest
Add enough flour to make the dough thick and no longer sticky (about 3 more cups).  Refrigerate for at least one hour.

Roll out on a floured surface. Cut into shapes and place on greased cooky sheet,  Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.  Cool, frost and decorate.


No comments:

Post a Comment