Search This Blog

Friday, April 26, 2013

Farmer's Breakfast

I have been making this recipe around my house for years.  For awhile it was our standard Sunday night dinner.  It is often my favorite breakfast.  I even sent it to a potluck at my sweetheart's work to rave reviews.  It's so easy. just use what you have in your refrigerator.  Tonight, because it is Friday and I am exhausted..it is dinner.

4 eggs, beaten well
1 c. ham or bacon (cooked) or sausage (cooked)
1 c. cheese ( any kind..I have used cheddar, gouda, parmesan,  or feta)
1/4 onion, chopped
1 red or green pepper, chopped
2 potatoes
1 T. oil
Prick the potatoes and put in a microwave for about 4 minutes or until done.  Chop into cubes.  I do not take the skins off.  Heat the oil in a skillet and add the potatoes, onions and pepper.  Cook for about 8 minutes on medium heat.  Add in the meat of your choice.  Next pour the eggs over the mixture and sprinkle in the cheese.  Stir and cook until the eggs are done and the cheese is melted.




Optional:  other good ingredients to try
1 c. chopped tomato
1/2 c. sun dried tomato
2 c. fresh spinach
1 c. cooked broccoli
2 c. fresh zucchini
1/2 c. jalapenos
The sky is the limit!  Try it your own way and let me know by post what you did!  See that section under this post that says "no comments"  well click on that and you can leave your comment to tell me how you are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment