Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Lemon Asparagus Chicken Pasta

I got this recipe from a blog called "Gimme Some Oven."  I made only a few adjustments to the original recipe.  I grilled my chicken.  This time of year grilled chicken just tastes better than sauteed to me.  Plus it's an excuse to cook outside.  I had some extra cherry tomatoes, and mushhrooms so I sliced those up and put them in too.  If you are not a mushroom lover, just leave them out.  This is a light and healthy, simple dinner.  One to enjoy while sitting out on a sunny deck with a glass of wine and that someone you love.


  • 12 oz. pasta (I used farfalle bows)
  • 3 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
  • 1 bunch (about 1 lb.) fresh asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp. lemon zest
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice
  • 2/3 cup (about 1 carton) Greek yogurt, plain
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 cups fresh baby spinach 
  • 1/2 c. slice mushrooms
  • 1/2 c. slice cherry tomatoes ( I just 1/2'd them)


Prepare pasta al dente according to package instructions.
Grill the chicken until done then slice the chicken into thin strips.
In a skillet with the oil saute the asparagus, garlic, lemon juice and zest, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and rosemary  until the asparagus is cooked but still slightly crisp. Stir in the spinach and saute a few minutes more. Stir in the  Greek yogurt,  and Parmesan cheese
Combine cooked and drained pasta with sauce and chicken.  Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment