Search This Blog

Monday, May 13, 2013

Thai chicken with cashews and chilies

I have a wonderful Thai cookbook called, "Quick and Easy Thai"..it is a great collection of easy delicious recipes.  Tonight I was feeling like having some Thai so I got out the cookbook and tried this recipe for the first time.



1# chicken breasts or thighs
1 c. sliced onion
2 T. fish sauce
2 t. soy sauce
2 T. water
1/2 t. sugar
1 c. cashews
I also added 2 c. frozen stir fry veggies....you can leave this out if you want
2 large red chilis cut in pieces--you can also leave these out if you don't like hot spicy food
(I didn't have any chilies so I just used some dried red pepper.)

Cut chicken in bite size strips.  Saute in a saucepan with 2 T. corn oil.  Cook until just barely pink.  Add in vegetables and all remaining ingredients except cashews.  Stir fry until vegetables are just crisp.  Stir in cashews.  Serve over hot cooked rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment