Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Macadamia Nut Chocolate Chip Slice and Bake cookies

I promised my sweetheart I would bake these cookies for him yesterday.  Then I went in to my classroom and ended up working all day.  So when he got home..no cookies.  This morning I decidedto get up and keep my promise by getting these baked while the kitchen was still cool.  I love slice and bake cookies...just put together the batter, refrigerate for and hour, slice and bake.  So easy.  These cookies are exceptionally good...if you don't want to use macadamias any other nut would work.

Makes about 40


3/4 c. unsalted butter
3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
2/3 c. powdered sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
2 1/2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
2 c. chocolate chips--those little mini ones work really well in this recipe
1 c. chopped macadamia nuts
 Beat butter and sugars together with a mixer until fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.  Add in flour, salt and baking soda.   Stir in chips and nuts.    Divide dough in half.
Place two sheets of waxed paper on work surface.  Spoon dough into a 10" strip down the edge of  one of the papers.  Form into a log shape and wrap in waxed paper.  Do this for the other 1/2 of the dough.  Refrigerate for one hour.

Slice with a sharp knife, keeping slices about 1/2" thick.  Arrange on baking sheets.  Bake at 325 for 14 minutes.  Let set on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to racks to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment