We recently got a Panera Bread in our neck of the woods and I love it! I have been on their website looking for recipes that I love. I hadn't tried this one, but my husband loves smoked gouda so I though it was worth a try. Here is the recipe directly from their website:
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 8 thin slices Panera Bread Sourdough Loaf
- 8 thin slices (about 12 ounces) rare roast beef
- ¼ cup A.1. steak sauce
- 1½ cups (1½ ounces) baby arugula leaves
- 2 cups (8 ounces) grated smoked Gouda
- Warm a panini press or heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, and onion, and spread the mixture over the bread.
- Drizzle each slice of beef with a little steak sauce, distributing it evenly. Place two slices of beef onto each of 4 bread slices, and top with evenly divided amounts of arugula and cheese. Add the remaining bread slices, compressing the sandwiches slightly.
- Coat the outside of the sandwiches with cooking spray, and heat them in a panini press—or skillet under a heavy weight (such as another skillet)—until they are browned and the cheese melts, 3 to 4 minutes per side.