Search This Blog

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Miso Ginger Tummy Taming Soup

I have been in a battle with bronchitis and sinuitis for the last few months.  Finally seeking relied I went to the doctor.  I came home with antibiotics that totally have messed with my stomach.  This makes dinner and lunch and breakfast all a challenge.  Tonight I noticed a carton of Miso Ginger broth I purchased at Trader Joes in my pantry.  With a few more ingredients it made a tummy soothing soup.

1 carton Miso Ginger Broth (32 oz.0
1 T. finely chopped fresh ginger
2 c. chopped carrots
1 c. chopped celery
1/2 c. chopped mushroom
1/2 c. chopped onion
2 c. pea pods
1/2# steak, diced
1/2 . rice
2 T.  oil

Heat oil in dutch oven or soup pot.  Add meat and vegetables and ginger.  Stir on medium high heat for around 10 minutes.  Add the broth.  Bring to a boil.  Add rice, reduce to low and cover pot for 15-20 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment