Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Lemon Thumbprint Cookies

Today is the end of the school year BBQ at my sweetheart's work.  I have a reputation as a good cook to uphold at this event every year.  So I need to make something delicious.  To celebrate the start of summer vacation, I chose these cookies.  The original recipe came from Redbook magazine and calls for store-bought lemon curd.  I did make my own lemon curd, but I am sure store bought would work just as well.

  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large egg yolks
  • 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup lemon curd, store bought
Cream butter and sugar well.   Beat in egg yolks,  one at a time.  Add lemon zest and juice and beat well.  Add salt and flour.  Roll into balls and place on a parchment covered cooky sheet. Press a fingertip into the top of each cooky making a well for the lemon curd.   Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.  Remove from oven, fill wells with lemon curd.  Return to oven and bake for 2 more minutes to set the curd.  Allow to cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment