This is a nice rice bowl full of delicious veggies. If you do not want to eat tofu, you could bump up the veggies and it would still be great.
- 1 14. oz. container cubed firm tofu
- 2 c. cooked brown rice
- 1 jar teriyaki sauce-your choice or make your own
- Oil for cooking
- bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ pineapple, cored and sliced
- 4 T. coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 2 T. fresh ginger, minced
- Drain the tofu by covering a plate with several layers of paper towels. Set tofu on top of the plate and cover with several more paper towels. Place a heavy object on top and let sit for 30 minutes. Remove paper towels. Put the tofu into a large shallow bowl or baking dish and cover with teriyaki sauce. Allow to marinate for 30 or more minutes.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat a T. of oil. Add bell peppers, onions, ginger and zucchini; stir. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until vegetables are your desired tenderness. Set aside in a bowl or on plate.
- Add a little more oil to the skillet; add the tofu. Pan fry for about 2-3 minutes, until crispy; flip the tofu chunks, and cook on the other side for an additional 2-3 minutes. Repeat until the tofu is crispy.
- To arrange a bowl, start with a cup of cooked rice, put vegetables, and tofu in piles on top. Top with pineapple slices, additional teriyaki sauce, and coconut.