This is a delicious bread recipe from Eating Well magazine. It goes togteher quickly but be aware that it needs 50 minutes to bake and another 30 minutes to cool.
In a dry skillet over medium heat cook the following for 5 minutes to toast:
- 1/3 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a mixing bowl whisk together:
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 T. baking powder
- i c. rolled oats
- In another mixing bowl whisk the eggs and then the oil, milk and honey.
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup avocado oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Pour into a sprayed loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Allow to cool for 30 minutes.