Search This Blog

Friday, April 21, 2017

Southern Veggie Burgers


I found this recipe in the new Vegetarian Times.  They are very good.  But also extremely messy to make.  I did not find that they were easy to form into patties at all.  Then to move them to a frying pan was impossible...so I decided to pop them in the freezer for a bit.  I tried 15 minutes but I believe that 30 minutes would be better.  You want them to firm up before cooking.

2 cans black eyed peas
2 eggs
6 T. cornmeal
1/2 c. chopped green onions
1 red pepper, diced
i clove of garlic, minced
2 t. fresh thyme
Drain one can of black eyed peas.  Put into a food processor with eggs and cornmeal.  Blend until smooth.  Pour into a bowl.  Mix in onion, red pepper, garlic, thyme and other can of black eyed peas that has also been drained.  Form into 4 patties.  Freeze for 30 minutes.  Put 2 T. olive oil in a frying pan.  Add patties and cook each side about 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment