Lately when I am looking at recipes on blogs I notice there are tons of pictures and blogging so I have to scroll down quite a bit before I ever get to the recipe. I must admit this sort of annoys me. So I try to do my blog a bit different...a simple intro and a picture and then the recipe. I hope this works for you!
Today's recipe is a great little pasta salad that could be good on its own for a light dinner, or you could add shrimp or chicken to it to make it a bit hardier dinner. OR it can just be a yummy side dish. We are BBQing tonight and that is what it will be for us....plus leftovers for a great lunch tomorrow.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 pound penne
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar + more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups arugula
- Bring a large saucepan filled with water and a pinch of salt to boil. Add pasta and cook 10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and rinse with cold water. Drain again. In a bowl mix the oil , balsamic vinegar, basil, pepper, and tomatoes. Add in the penne. Last of all mix in the arugula.
- After making this salad following the directions, I chose to add some feta cheese and kalamata olives I had on hand.