Search This Blog

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Tomato Arugula and Pasta Salad




Lately when I am looking at recipes on blogs I notice there are tons of pictures and blogging so I have to scroll down quite a bit before I ever get to the recipe.  I must admit this sort of annoys me.  So I try to do my blog a bit different...a simple intro and a picture and then the recipe.  I hope this works for you!
Today's recipe is a great little pasta salad that could be good on its own for a light dinner, or you could add shrimp or chicken to it to make it a bit hardier dinner.  OR it can just be a yummy side dish. We are BBQing tonight and that is what it will be for us....plus leftovers for a great lunch tomorrow.


  • 1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt
  • 1 pound penne
  • 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar + more for drizzling
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
  •  freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
  • 2 cups arugula
  •  
  • Bring a large saucepan filled with water and a pinch of salt to boil.  Add pasta and cook 10 minutes.  Remove from heat, drain and rinse with cold water.  Drain again.  In a bowl mix the oil , balsamic vinegar, basil, pepper, and tomatoes.  Add in the penne.  Last of all mix in the arugula.
  •  
  • After making this salad following the directions, I chose to add some feta cheese and kalamata olives I had on hand.
  •  

No comments:

Post a Comment