Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Hasselback zucchini


You probably have had the hasselback potatoes...now new recipes are coming out for both zucchini and eggplant.  Tonight we tried the zucchini.  It was delicious and a great way to add a veggie as a side dish to any meal.  I did have a little trouble with my zucchini breaking apart as I stuffed it.  Not sure if maybe I cut too deep into it.

2 zucchini
whole mozzarella slices ( I only had shredded so I used that)
2 tomatoes, sliced thin
1/3 c. pankco crumbs
2 T. olive oil

On a cutting board, slice off both ends of the zucchini.  Set chopsticks on each side of the zucchini as guides for your knife.

 Cut slices to the depth of the chopsticks into you zucchini.  Place on a parchment lined cooky sheet.  Fill sliced areas with a tomato or a cheese slice.  Fill all slices.
Mix pankco and olive oil.  Sprinkle on top.  Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment