Search This Blog

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Peach, Prosciutto, and Brie Tart




My wonderful sister brought me some ripe peaches from Eastern Washington this week.  Oh the juicy yumminess!  But it is hot and humid and not the greatest baking weather.  I don't really want to put a pie in the oven for an hour and totally heat up my kitchen.  This little tart only bakes for 12 minutes and has a wonderful mix of sweet, tangy and salty.  Yum!  I paired it with a zucchini/peach panzanilla salad that I am also posting today.

  • 1 package puff pasty
  • 2 peaches
  • 4-5 strips of prosciutto
  • 1/2 a medium round brie (6 inches across)
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  •  
  • Roll out one of the puff pastry dough to a 11" x 7 " rectangle. Place on a parchment lined cooky sheet.  Cut it in half lengthwise.  Make small cuts every 1/2" all the way around each rectangle.
  • Cut brie into 1/4" thick slices and place on pastry dough, leaving space between the slices.  Top with peach slices, and then strips of prosciutto.  Drizzle with honey.  Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.  Drizzle with balsamic and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment