Search This Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2011

my favorite pumpkin pie

This Saturday I am taking a pumpkin pie down to Oregon to my grand daughter..she has been calling and begging me to come with one. Not sure if she really is missing her Nana or just wants to eat pie:). This is a recipe from a cookbook called, "Herloom Baking with the Brass Sisters." If you like cookbooks, I highly recommend this one!

1 unbaked pie shell
1 1/2 c. pumpkin
1 c. brown sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ginger
1/2 t. salt
2 egss
1 T. molasses (this really gives the pie an extra yummy flavor-so don't skip this)
1 T. butter, melted
1 can evaporated milk
1/2 c. water


Mix pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger well. I use my whip attachment on my mixer for this. Add in the eggs, then the remaining ingredients. Mix well. Pour into a pie shell. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes. Turn the heat down to 350 and bake an additional 50 minutes. Oh so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment