Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2011

Scalloped Potatoes with Ham and Smoked Gouda Cheese

Well the wind is blowing and the rain is pouring down again here on Whidbey Island...looks like fall is here. With this weather comes recipes for some good old comfort food. This is a recipe I adapted from my old (1972) copy of the Betty Crocker Cookbook. I must admit I was inspired by my husband, Jeff, who introduced me to the idea of putting ham into scalloped potatoes.
6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 c. ham, cubed
3 T. flour
3 T. butter
2 1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. cubed smoked gouda cheese
In a greased 2 quart casserole dish layer 1/3 potatoes, 1/3 of the onions, 1 T. butter, 1t. flour and 1/3 of the ham. Repeat layer also adding cheese to this layer. Repeat layer. Pour milk over the top. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 60 minutes. Let set for 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment