Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Buddha Rice Bowl

This recipe comes from a fabulous vegetarian cookbook, Refresh.  The original recipe called for marinated tofu, but I did substitute chicken.  I do think tofu would be excellent in the recipe.  I also added a few extra veggies, as we are trying to eat more fresh vegetables.

3 c. cooked white or brown rice
2 green onions, chopped
1 carrot, sliced very thinly lengthwise ( I used the side panel on my grater)
1 can of bean sprouts, drained
1/2 block tofu, cubed or 2 chicken breasts, cubed
 1 T. oil
peanut sauce...you could make this but I used a jar of store bought I had from Trader Joe's
Cook rice.  Brown tofu or chicken in  oil.  Add enough peanut sauce to coat the chicken or tofu.
Take chicken/tofu out of pan and set aside.  Put carrots in pan and saute for 2 minutes.

Put rice in individual bowls.  Top with chicken or tofu.  Top with bean sprouts.  Next put on carrots and lastly, sprinkle on green onions.  Just that easy you have a yummy easy and healthy dinner!



No comments:

Post a Comment