Search This Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Orange Chicken Rice Bowls

Most of the time I try to make homemade meals.  But I am a working woman..and so sometimes I just come home tired.  How to make a healthy meal on a tired night?  This is one of those stand bys that if you just stock up on the ingredients you can put together in about a half hour and have a decent meal.
Yes, it isn't all made from scratch..but it is till pretty healthy.  So for all those people who ask me : How do you do it and work?  Here is an easy answer.

1 c. rice, cooked:  I use a microwave rice cooker and in 20 minutes. the rice is ready
1 c. chopped celery
1/2 c. chopped onion
4 or 5 frozen chicken tenders (smaller pieces of chicken breasts without any coating)
1 pkg. stir fry vegetables
For sauce I use:  Panda Express Orange Sauce that I got at Costco

Heat some canola or corn oil in a skillet.  Cook chicken until almost done.  Add celery and onion and cook about 5 minutes.  Add the bag of frozen stir fry vegetables and cook until well heated.

Serve in bowls over rice.  Let each person pour the amount of orange sauce desired over their rice bowl.
Now wasn't that easy?


No comments:

Post a Comment