Search This Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bacon Ranch Potato Salad

So the weather is once again gray, rainy and a bit windy here on Whidbey Island.  By this time of year, I honestly have had just about enough gray days for a lifetime.  I find myself dreaming of warm tropical places that have sun and blue skies.  Reality is I have to go to work tomorrow and the weather forecast for the week is more rain....bleck!  So I thought how about a little "fake" BBQ tonight?  I have some pork sirloin chops baking in the oven with some BBQ sauce on top, I can get some of that corn on the cob I froze this summer out of the freezer, and then...potato salad.   This potato salad takes a little extra step than most but if you want to mix it up a little and try something new...this is the recipe for you:)

Ranch dressing:
1 garlic clove minces
1 t. oregano
1/2 t. paprika
2 T. chopped parsley
2 T. chives
1 T. dill
1 c. mayonaise
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. buttermilk
Mix together well.

For the potato salad:
9-11 red skinned potatoes, cooked, cut in 1/4's and cooled
1/2# bacon cooked and crumbled
3 green onions chopped
1 c. ranch dressing(recipe above)

Mix all ingredients together.  Chill.  Can be served warm if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment