Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Mushroom, spinach and herb fritatta

Since we purchased chickens and they have started laying, we always seem to have an abundance of eggs in the house.  In the past two days I have brought in 10 eggs from the coup.  Now how can 2 people eat up some of those eggs?  So once a week we have started having some type of breakfast for dinner...usually a quiche.  Today I thought I would try a frittata.  This one skips the step of putting the pan in the oven to bake and finish off the eggs.  The herbs smell delicious as it is cooking up.  I served it with some bacon and a fruit cup I made from all the frozen fruit in my freezer.

2 t. olive oil
1/2 c. chopped onions
1 t. minced garlic
1# sliced mushrooms
1/2 t. dried basil
1/4 t. dried thyme
2 c. fresh spinach leaves
8 eggs
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese

Heat oil in a 10 inch skillet.  Add mushrooms, garlic, and onion.  Cook for 7 minutes.  Add spinach and cook until wilted.  Beat eggs and pour over mushroom mixture in pan.  Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.  Cover with a tight fitting lid and cook on medium to low for 12 minutes.  Slice and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment