Search This Blog

Monday, May 20, 2013

Beef, Green Bean and Scallion Stir Fry

I recently purchased a new cookbook, "Simple American Favorites" from American Test Kitchens.  I like to take the opportunity to hunt out new recipes all the time.  This results in a never ending "This is a new recipe" night at our house.  Luckily my husband doesn't seem to mind, and heck, he can never complain we are in rut!   I will be trying out many of the recipes in this cookbook in the next month so bear with me if it seems that is all I am posting....kind of like when I got my "Looneyspoons Collection"  cookbook (and by the way, we will be coming back to that one!


1/3 c. beef broth (it called for chicken broth but I had beef in the refrigerator)
1/4 c. oyster sauce
2 T. soy sauce
2 t. rice vinegar
1 t. red pepper flakes
3 T. vegetable oil
1# green beans, trimmed and cut into pieces
1# steak, sliced into thin strips
8 scallions (these are green onions) cut into 2" pieces
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 T. fresh ginger

Whisk broth, oyster sauce soy sauce, vinegar and red pepper in bowl and set aside.
Heat 2 T. oil in a skillet or wok over high heat.  Add steak, green beans and onions. 
Add garlic and ginger.  Cool for 30 seconds until fragrant.  Add broth mixture to the skillet.  Cook several minutes.  
Serve over hot rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment