Search This Blog

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pumpkin Doughnuts with Cinnamon Sugar

Oh the only joy for me in fall is baking with pumpkin.  There are sooooo many recipes out there to try.  For this recipe I had to find a doughnut pan..easier than it sounds.  Since I was headed to my local mall I thought I could get one there..nope.  Not in Target or Michaels or Macy's or Walmart .  So then I tried the Outlet Mall where a kitchen store is located.  I talked to the sales clerk and explained what I was looking for.  As we headed to the back of the store I noticed a lady following us.  "Excuse me," she said, "did I hear you say you were looking for a doughnut pan?"  I told her yes and that I hadn't been able to find one all day.  "Oh I am looking for one too." she told me.  "I found this great recipe on pinterest."  Hey!  That's where I found the recipe I wanted to try.  "Is it the pumpkin doughnut recipe?"  I asked her.  She said "Yes!"  We laughed and immediately bonded!  But we never did find the pan.  I ended up ordering one on Amazon. 
So here are the doughnuts in the pan hot out of the oven:



And here they are all sugared up:


To make these doughnuts mix all the following ingredients in a mixer bowl on low:
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée (canned pumpkin)
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, or 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus a heaping 1/4 teaspoon each ground nutmeg and ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 t. cloves


Add 1 3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons d All-Purpose Flour until the batter is smooth.
Spray the doughnut pan with Pam and fill the doughnuts 2/3 full .  Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes.  Let cool for several minutes and then shake in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.






No comments:

Post a Comment