I have been looking for tasty recipes for Meatless Mondays. This one was featured on the blog, "Damned Delicious." I love Mexican and since I wanted to do this vegetarian I substituted quinoa for the rice to up the protein. You could always use some cooked shrimp, chicken or beef and the rice if you prefer meat in your burrito bowl. Anyway you fix it, this is a quick and delicious dinner.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa or rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Cook quinoa or rice. Put rice or quinoa into serving bowls. Top with remaining ingredients in order listed. Top with the cream sauce.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chipotle paste*
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more, to taste
chipotle cream sauce