Search This Blog

Monday, February 9, 2015

90 Minute Cinnamon Rolls

This weekend my grand daughter spent the night.  Both she and my sweetheart have a special love for cinnamon rolls.  I could bake 5 dozen and never eat a one.  But Saturday morning I got up and made these yummies.  This is a recipe I got from a church cookbook probably 25 years ago.  For a long time it was my go to cinnamon recipe.  Then I started trying out other ones and forgot all about this recipe.  I came across it recently in a bunch of recipes I had stored.  Why did I ever give up on this recipe?  It is simple, easy and takes a good 90 minutes less than most other cinnamon roll recipes.

This recipe can be made with regular yeast or the quick rise type.  It makes 6 large cinnamon rolls-perfect for breakfast!


2 pkg. yeast
1 c. warm water
6 T. sugar
1 t. salt
4 T. melted margarine
2 eggs
4-41/2 c. flour

for inside of rolls
4 T. meltedbutter
2/3 c. sugar
2-4 t. cinnamon

Dissolve yeast in warm water.  Whisk in sugar, salt and melted margarine.  Then whisk in eggs.
Mix in flour.  Knead until smooth--about 5 minutes.  Roll out into a large rectangular shape, about 13' x 9'.   Cover dough with melted butter-spread with a pastry brush.  Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.

Roll dough up, starting at the long end.  Cut into rolls and place in a greased 13 x 9 pan.  Allow to raise in a warm spot for 30 minutes.
Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.   If desired top with vanilla/ white frosting while warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment