Search This Blog

Monday, May 18, 2015

New England Lobster Rolls

Last summer while visiting my aunt and uncle in Syracuse, New York, I attended a backyard barbeque featuring hot dogs with a special red sauce served on lobster rolls.  Now I am from the west oast where lobster rolls are not avaialable.  A few days later my husband ordered an actual lobster roll served on...a new england lobster roll.  There was this roll again!  I wanted to take some home in my suitcase which my husband quickly nixed.   I looked online.  Not available.  Then this last week I got and email from King Arthur Flour introducing their lobster roll pan!  I quickly ordered one and anxiously awaited its arrival.  This weekend the pan came and at last I made my own lobster rolls.  They were so easy with the pan and came out perfectly. 
Here they are:

If you want to order your own pan go to :kingarthurflour.com  and you are on your way.
Here is the recipe that was included with the pan:

3 c. flour
2 t. yeast
2 T. sugar
1/4 c. nonfat dry milk
2/3 c. instant mashed potato flakes
1 1/2 t. salt
2 T. butter, softened
1 egg
1 c. warm water.

Dissolve yeast in warm water, whisking until dissolved.  Ass in sugar, milf powder, slat, butter and egg.  Mix in potato flakes.  Add flour.  Knead until dough is smooth.  Allow dough to rise in a greased bowl until nearly double-about one hour.  Punch down dough.  Spread in place in lightly greased bun pan.  Stretch dough to the corners.  Place a greased cooky sheet on top of the bun pan and weigh it down.  I used a cast iron skillet.  Let rise about 20 minutes.  Preheat oven to 375.
Place bun pan, still with cooky sheet and weight on top into the oven.  Bake for 18 minutes.  Remove the cover and bake an additional 5 minutes.  Allow buns to cool in the pan.  Turn out onto a cutting board.   With rounded sides up, slice the buns apart.  Then slice buns almost to the bottom thru the middle of each bun.  Butter sides of buns and toast on a grill or under a broiler.







No comments:

Post a Comment