For Father's Day my sweetheart requested these bars as dessert. They have a nice shortbread crust covered with a wonderful lemon filling and to top it off a light sprinkle of powdered sugar. YUM!
To make the crust: (Do this first)
- Beat together until light and fluffy:
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Then beat in just until mixed:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Press this into a 13 x 9 baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-17 minutes. Cool. When it is cool make the filling.
filling: Beat together all of the following ingredients. Pour over cooled crust. BAke at 350 for 30-35 minutes. When it is cool sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- powdered sugar, for dusting